(a) Membership for SAI/ Ministry Employees:
Persons falling under the below mentioned categories may be freely enrolled as members of the Library by filling-up the Library Membership form (available on SAI eLibrary):
- All Officers, staff and Coaches of the Organization;
- All officers and staff of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports;
- Employees of the Ministries/ Departments of Govt. of India (on application stating the purpose of their study);
- Trainees who are sponsored by their SAI coach or any other Officer of SAI;
- Eminent sports personalities as approved by the Director General/ Secretary of SAI.
A person can borrow two books and two Journals/ Magazines at a time after enrolled as a member of library.
(b) Membership for Outside Readers:
- The Sports Library also provides membership to outside readers who have genuine need to use library materials and services. The reading facility for reference purpose is available for all without any fee by taking the permission from the librarian but library membership is necessary for borrowing library resources.
- To become a member of library an applicant need to fill a prescribed membership application formwhich can be downloaded from Sports Library website under Membership head. The duly filled membership application should be attested by any responsible person (such as Gazetted officers/ Principal/ Lecturer/ etc.) and submit the membership application at the library counter along with membership fee and other requisite documents.
- A person can borrow two books and two Journals/ Magazines at a time after enrolled as a member of library.
i. Membership Fee:
- A person can obtain temporary library membership by depositing an amount of 5000/- as one time security deposit which would be refundable whenever the person withdraw his/ her membership.
ii. Documents Required:
- Membership form dully filled & certified by your head of institution or Gazetted Officer.
- Request letter stating the purpose to use library;
- Identity Proof;
- One Recent Passport Size Photograph.