WELCOME TO LNCPE LIBRARY – TRIVANDRUM
Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education, Trivandrum, a premier institute of Physical Education and Sport Sciences in India, came into existence on 17 Aug, 1985 under the auspices of the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports, Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India. With the amalgamation of the SNIPES (Society for National Institute of Physical Education Sports) with Sports Authority of India on 1 st May 1987 the college became a part of the academic wing of Sports Authority of India. LNCPE Library, Trivandrum started with 800 (Approximate) books with interlibraryloan from LNCPE Gwalior. Now its collection is 12500 books and it is a Research Centre Library of University of Kerala in the subject of Physical Education and Sports science.
1. To prepare highly competent and skilled Leaders, Teachers , Coaches, Research Scholars and Administrators in the field of Physical Education , Sports and Games as well as associated areas.
2. To serve as a Centre of Excellence for Research in Physical Education and allied areas.
3. To provide technical, professional and academic leadership to other institutions of Physical Education in India and abroad.
4. To provide vocational guidance and placement services to the people in the field.
5. To develop and promote program of mass physical education activities.
6. To conduct PYKKA Master Trainer training Course.
7. To provide infrastructure, board and lodging facilities for state and national level coaching camps.
8. To operate various training schemes of Sports Authority of India and Government of India.
Affiliated to the University of Kerala, the College offers the following courses
1. Bachelor of Physical Education (BP Ed) (4Years).
2. Master of Physical Education (MPE) (2Years).
3. Master of Philosophy in Physical education (one Year)
4. Regular and Part-time Doctoral Degree in Physical Education (PhD).
5. NIS Diploma in Sports Coaching (one Year)
6. Diploma in Health and fitness
7. 6 Week Certificate Course in Sports Coaching.
Coaching is also offered in the following sports and games:
19. Beach Volleyball.
1. Coaching Camp for National/International Sports persons.
2. Refresher Course in Physical Education.
3. Refresher/Orientation courses for Coaches of States and Union territories.
4. Come and Play Scheme.
5. Health and Fitness programme for the General Public.
6. Organizing Various National and International Seminars
Books – Subject Area of library:
2. Information Technology
4. Sports Psychology
5. Education Psychology
8. Teaching methods
10. Physical Education
11. Adapted Physical Education
12. Physical Education History
13. English Language
15. Track and Field (athletics)
24. First aid
25. Sports Medicine
32. Martial arts
40. Library Science
44. Anatomy and Physiology
46. Food and Nutrition
47. Sports Physiology
48. Drugs in sports
49. Exercise Physiology
50. Measurement and Evaluation
51. Recreation/Minor games
53. Physical fitness
54. Health Education
55. Administration and Management
56. Sports Training
58. History (World& India)
59. General Knowledge
61. Hindi Literature
62. Malayalam Literature
63. English Literature
Journals subscribed by the library:
|Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sports||M/s. Rutledge
Taylor & Francis Customer Service,
CO3 3LP, UK
|Journal of Physical Education Recreation and Dance||-Do-||
|Strength and Conditioning Journal||M/s. NSCA
PO Box 1590
MD 21741-1590, USA
|The Jnl. of Strength and conditioning Research||-Do-||
|World Soccer||M/s. IPC Media Ltd, Rockwood House, Perrymount Road, Haywards Health, West Sussex, RH 16 3DH, England , UK.||
|Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness||M/s. Minerva Medica||
|Track Coach (Qtly)||M/s. The Editor,
Track and field News, 2570 W El Camino Real, Suite 6060,Mountain View, CA 94040, USA
|Sportstar||The Hindu, Chennai||
|Competition Success Review||The Editor, Competition review (P) Ltd||
|Employment News||Govt. of India||
|India Today||India Today Group Ltd, Noida.||
|The Week||Malayala Manorama||
|Frontline||N Ram, Kasturi Building Chennai||
|Thozhil vaartha||Mathrubhumi Publication||
Newspapers subscribed by the Library:
1. The Hindu (English)
2. New Indian Express(English)
3. Times of India(English)
4. Deccan Chronicle(English)
5. Malayala manorama (Mal)
7. Kerala kaumudi
8. Navabharat Times (Hindi)
9. Janasata (Hindi)
10. Deshabhimani (Mal)
11. Madhyamam (Mal)
12. Janmabhumi (Mal)
13. Veekshanam (Mal)
14. Deepika (Mal)
16. Janayugam (Mal)
Features of Library:
1. Library Management Software-LIBSOFT (Full DATA uploaded)
2. Library documents protected with full air condition
3. Collection of Books – 12,500
4. International Research Journal – 7
5. Indian Periodicals – 11
6. Back volumes of last thirty years International Research Journals
Facilities Provided by the Library
1. Free Internet access
2. Back Volumes of International Journals
3. Ph D Scholars Reference column
4. Staff members reference area
Services Provided by the Library
1. Library Orientation to Students
2. Newsletter Publication
3. Publication of proceedings, reports etc.
4. Book Lending to students, staff, research scholars and public
5. Online Information search to students and staff
6. Reference service
7. Photocopying service on payment basis
8. Documentation service
- Membership is given to students at a nominal fee. Research Scholars and others may be permitted temporary membership by the Principal.
- Each member will be issued library cards in the beginning of each session in such number as equal to the number of books to be issued to him/her. Each card with bear a photograph of the Member and his/her signature. Books will be issued only on the production of these cards. The cards and the books which have been issued are not transferable. If a card is lost, it will be replaced on payment of rupees ten.
- Members shall be responsible for any misuse of borrower’s card.
- BPE Students are entitled to borrow two books each while PG Diploma and MPE students four books each for a period not exceeding 7 days. However, a book can be renewed to the borrower for the next seven days if there is no reservation for the books by anyone else. Penalty imposed for late return of books is as under.For the First 7 days Rs.1/- per day Next 7 days Rs.2/- per day After 30 days, recovery of the cost of book as overdue charges.
- The Members can reserve a book which is in circulation or which is to be released for the first time by filling up a be-speaking card.
- The Library Hours will be notified from time to time.
- Issue of books and access to stack room will be limited to the hours specified from time to time.
- Books from the reference section will be not be issued to any member for reading outside the library. In order to refer those books, the identity card and reference card should be handed over to the library Assistants on duty.Reference books will be issued for only hour at a time.
- No Books or file will be permitted to be taken inside the library. Only plain cards and sheets of papers will be allowed.
- Total silence should be observed in all sections of the library.
- Journals & Periodicals after use should be replaced back at the proper place.The latest issues of periodicals will be displayed at the stand and these shall no be issued on loan to any member.
- Borrower must satisfy themselves of the physical condition of the books before borrowing them. Otherwise, they shall be held responsible for any damage or mutilation noticed at the time of returning.
- If a book or journal/periodical is lost, damaged or defaced, it will have to be replaced by the borrower otherwise thrice amount of its cost will be recovered from the borrower.
- A Member who infringes the rules is liable forfeit his privilege of admission to, and borrowing books from the library.
- Marking or underlining the text in the library books is strictly forbidden.